Window Leak Repair & Estimates for Fairfax and Northern Virgina
Water can be very sneaky. Just because a leak appears around a window doesn’t mean that’s where it starting from. It often turns out to be quite a puzzle that requires you to work your way “upstream” to find the source. Sometimes the leak could start from the highest point of your roof without showing any leakage anywhere in between.
If your window leaks, wind driven rain and moisture can enter through cracks and unsealed joints. Condensation builds up ad creates moisture on and in between double pane glass. Drafts can increase the cost of your electric bills by allowing warm air to escape or enter your home around the windows. If water enters these cracks, it can cause water damage, leading to expensive repairs.
• Check the caulking around the window.
• Check all windows and penetrations on the exterior wall that is directly above the leaking window for cracks / missing caulking or fractures to the window sill above.
• Seal all cracks and holes in the siding or brick above the problem window.
• Damaged or missing roof shingles.
• Starter course which is underneath the first course of shingles on the upper roof along the gutter is not staggered.
• Improperly installed roof valleys that is located above a problem window.
• Damaged or improperly installed roof penetration such as roof stack and vent pipes, skylights, ridge vents, roof fans.
• Clogged gutters or downspouts,
• Improperly pitched gutters
When you choose to have your roof repaired by a professional, you can expect the job to be done correctly and safely. Professionals are trained to give estimates and use proper repair techniques. Roof repairs should be done on a sunny day when the roof is completely dry. A wet roof is slippery and very dangerous. Your roof repairs should not take long to complete, 30 minutes up to a few hours for repairs. Now the timing all depends on where there is a leak and how easily the originating site of the leak is found.
Here at Roof.net we have over 41 years’ experience in trouble shooting roofing and window leaks in the northern Virginia area. We are trained to look for specific signs and entry points for the water. With our infrared devices we are able to capture images of the path taken by the water through the interior structure of the house.
Regardless of how water is getting through your windows, at the first sign of dampness call Roof.net or Fill out the form. We will assess the situation and give you a free estimate. For emergency situations we offer same day service!