For the most part, homeowners don’t give gutters a lot of thought. These simple home features, however, provide a huge service. A well-operating gutter system prevents costly and annoying damage to the roof by safely whisking rainwater away. Although most gutter configurations will last decades before needing replacement, there is maintenance that should be performed on the systems periodically, and those who have recently purchased an older home may need to replace the gutters sooner than anticipated. Fortunately, the professionals at Roof.net are well-versed in gutter installation, repair, and maintenance.
The first thing to consider about a home’s gutter system is performing regular maintenance. Although this is a relatively easy task, consisting mainly of clearing out leaves and other debris, the Roof.net team has been doing this for a long time. This means we have developed a system that is both efficient and thorough, so don’t hesitate to contact us to do an annual gutter cleaning for you. While we’re there, we can also inspect your system as a whole to spot potential problems that can be fixed with minor repairs or that require widespread gutter replacement.
Secondly, if you know there is an issue with your home’s gutters, don’t delay fixing it. If left alone, the problem can get worse quickly, and this could translate into a need for installing entirely new gutters down the road when a spot repair could have solved the issue. For instance, if you notice out-of-place pools of water or mildew near your home’s foundation, there could be a blockage somewhere in your gutter system, causing the water to overflow willy nilly. Or, this issue could be the result of a leak. A Roof.net technician can quickly scan your system and determine if such a matter requires only a simple repair or is indicative of the system failing as whole and needing replacement.
If, however, a simple maintenance cleaning or spot repair is not enough to revitalize your house’s gutters, Roof.net is happy to consult with you about new gutter installation. These fresh installations are, in fact, one of our specialties, and we take pride in the quality of our work and will happily provide references upon request. We will discuss your options and provide a free estimate for the total cost, so you can make an informed decision about this new addition to your home.
In regards to new gutter installation on an older home or even a house in the building stage, it’s a big undertaking. Although you may be tempted to try navigating the world of gutter installation on your own, bear in mind that it’s a job that takes skill, special tools, and more than one person. Unless you are experienced in installing new gutters, it’s a task you should leave to professionals that can do the job quickly and efficiently, and there’s no better company in the Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William County areas than Roof.net.
Where your input is required, however, is in the choice of gutters for your home. As a homeowner, you will naturally want to find the right balance of quality and price to fit your budget; after all, you neither want to deplete your savings nor have to resort to another fresh gutter installation in a few years. Unlike some other businesses in the gutter installation game, we aren’t just trying to sell you the most expensive option to line our own pockets. We want your return business for all of your roofing needs and, of course, your favorable recommendation to friends and neighbors. Here are a few of the gutter installation options available to you:
- Aluminum gutters are one of the more economical options with a materials cost averaging between $4 and $7 per linear foot. Available in a host of colors to match your exterior color scheme, these gutters are also simple to install. The drawback of aluminum gutters, however, is they damage easily in inclement weather.
- Copper gutters are a popular choice for those with more expensive or historic homes due to a classy look. These gutters cost between $15 and $30 per linear foot for materials, depending on the current price of copper. Whether you opt for a sealant to retain the natural shine or allow them to develop an attractive patina, just beware of miscreants trying to steal your gutters for scrap.
- Stainless steel gutters are perhaps the most durable type around, but you don’t see them used very often. Although stainless steel gutters can last decades with little maintenance to prevent rust and general deterioration, they don’t have the best curb appeal. At prices ranging between $9 and $12 per linear foot for the gutters themselves, however, you may want to consider them.
- Vinyl gutters are the cheapest type of gutter on the market at between $3 and $5 per linear foot for materials. Like aluminum gutters, vinyl ones are available in a wide variety of colors that are usually resistant to fading. They are, however, vulnerable to temperature and weather damage, especially in cooler climates.
- Wood gutters are one of your more unusual options, but they pack a lot of visual appeal. The installation of these gutters is fairly tricky, but we at Roof.net have performed many of these installations with stunning results – well worth the material cost of between $12 and $20 per linear foot.
As you can tell, there’s a lot more to gutter installation than just a quick trip to the local hardware store and facing a fear of heights. If your home is in need of gutter installation, maintenance, or repair, don’t hesitate to call Roof.net. One of our experienced and personable technicians will be happy to look at your current gutter system or your new home’s building plans, then help you decide which type of gutters is right for your needs before providing you with a free, no-obligation estimate.