Roof Repair Contractor in Quantico, VA
If you are in need of a Quantico roofing repair company or just need a roof inspection give us a call at (703) 303-8546 or use our online contact form located here.
Roof leaks can do much more than just give you a bad day. When water enters your attic and is allowed to sit for more than 24 hours, you can bet mold and mildew will begin to grow, instantly rotting insulation, wood and even structural materials. Prevent costly roof repairs before they have a chance to become much worse by performing an twice a year roofing inspection and roof repair when necessary. Use this guide to solving common roofing problems to prevent costly repairs and roof replacement on your asphalt shingle roof.
Whether you own a small home or a large business in Quantico, performing a roofing inspection yourself isn’t a good idea. You don’t need to climb on a ladder to spot the following roofing troubles on your asphalt shingle roof, just a vigilant eye and these tips at spotting and solving the most common roofing problems. If you see any of the following signs of roofing troubles on your home or business; don’t wait for problems to spiral out of control. Give us a call us at (703) 303-8546 or fill out our submission form in the upper left hand corner of your screen and we’ll send our crew of professional roofers to inspect every inch of your roofing system and provide you with a no cost, no obligation estimate today. Check out our contractor’s consumer reviews and see for yourself why Roof.net is the best shingle repair and replacement specialists in Quantico, Virginia.
• Staining – One of the easiest to spot roofing troubles is heavy staining. While some staining will occur on your asphalt shingles, large stains can be a sure signal that something is wrong. When rust or other metallic corrosion is visible in valleys or around chimneys, metal flashing may be corroding and should be replaced immediately to prevent more costly roof repair problems.
• Cupped Shingles – Shingle cupping is typically caused by old age. As a shingle ages, it shrinks and cups. Most of the time, it’s a signal that a total roof replacement is going to have to happen soon. But not all cupped shingles denote old age. Sometimes, cupping can be caused by poor attic ventilation. Be sure your roofers inspect the attic space to ensure that future roofing problems don’t return after the shingles have been replaced.
• Exposed Nails – Whether it’s from improper nailing techniques when the shingles were installed or improper attic ventilation is casing nails to rise; exposed nails are a roof leak waiting to happen. Even if nails heads are only barely visible, they cause a small roof leak that can quickly turn into a roofing nightmare.
• Ventilation/Plumbing Stacks – Penetrations through the roof must be sealed using a tar, butyl or other sealants to close the gap where shingles meet the boot. Because sealants don’t have the UV protecting granules like a shingle does, they tend to decay and breakdown long before shingles do. Check for cracks, splits or breaks in sealants, then call Roof.net at (703) 303-8546 and we’ll provide you with a complete and total roofing inspection of your Quantico, Virginia shingle roof.
• Damaged Soffit/Fascia – The roofs overhang is essential to keeping water out of the structures walls and foundation. Drip edge, soffit and fascia are a three part system that protects the lip and overhang of the roof from water. If these metal or vinyl pieces are loose, missing or damaged in any way, water can intrude into the structure. Call a qualified roofing company right away before more serious problems can take place.
• Human Error – We’re all human and make mistakes. But when human error occurs on a roof, a leak is more than likely going to take place sooner or later. Exposed nails, slipping shingles and even poorly mounted satellite dishes can all cause roof leaks. If you suspect your roof has defects from poor workmanship; don’t wait for a roof leak to happen before reacting. Call a roofer immediately to make a roof repair before a total roof replacement is going to be necessary.
• Tree Troubles – More often than not, roof leaks can be prevented when trees and other landscaping materials are cut back from the roof at least six feet. Be sure that all leaf debris and litter is removed from the roof to prevent potential fungus growth and premature shingle decay.
Prince William County Roofing Services