Black mold produces toxins called “mycotoxins” that can have a negative impact on people’s health. Thousands of mold spores exist out of doors in the natural environment but they can proliferate indoors in the right conditions. According the the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), “It seems likely to grow and become a problem only when there is water damage, high humidity, or dampness.” Fairfax gets more than the average amount of rainfall in the U.S. each year and is influenced by the humid ocean air currents from the coast. If your home seems damp, chances are high that you have black mold or some other fungi growing in the dark recesses.

Get a Quote
Desktop Version